First Great Western is once again delighted to be working with the Glastonbury Festival for this year's event.
Rail ticket sales for the complete Glastonbury Festival period will open on Friday 11th April 2014.
Additional trains will operate and some scheduled trains will be lengthened or make special stops at Castle Cary station. For full service information and to buy your rail tickets from any UK location with no additional fees or service charges please log onto this website from the above date.
In the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
Glastonbury Festival shuttle busses to the Festival will operate from Castle Cary station. If you intend to travel by train, please bear in mind the following:
- If travelling from London, consider travelling early. We will have a train leaving London Paddington at 07:15 with ‘off-peak’ tickets available for travel to Castle Cary.
- If buying a ticket with a Railcard discount, you must carry your Railcard with you when you travel. If you're buying a child ticket please be prepared to also bring proof of age - once you turn 16 an adult ticket is required.
- The exit from Castle Cary station is by a footbridge, so please do not bring more luggage than you can carry. Do not bring wheelbarrows or over-size items as these cannot be safely transported and will not negotiate the station exit route.
- Buy your ticket before you travel. All tickets will be checked on arrival / departure from Castle Cary station.
- A queuing system will be in operation at Castle Cary station at busy times. You will get to and from the Festival site as quickly as possible, please remain good-humoured and allow staff to carry out their work - your patience will be appreciated.
- We want everyone to have an enjoyable and safe Festival. Castle Cary station will be very busy with bus and train movements; there will also be some trains that will not stop at the station. Please respond positively to any requests made by staff or security personnel and stay safe.
Have a look at what happened last year at Glastonbury
For up to date travel information download our mobile app.